Lists menus for quick access to:
Medicare Online ECLIPSE Status
- Medical Benefits Schedule Online - MBS
- My Fees
- Short Cuts (F11)
- Stack Trace (F12)
- Remote Support
- What's New
Department of Veteran's Affairs (DVA)
DCM accommodates billing to Department of Veteran Affairs using Streamlined Paperless Processing.
This Quick Link takes you to www.dva.gov.au
On entering DVA details on a Client Record, you also have a link to detail explaining the difference between the Gold, White and Yellow Card.
Selecting 'Verify' will update the DVA File Number.
DVA Numbers are of interest. Did you know that they represent the State Code and the War Code?
1st character is the state code (an alphabetic character) - N, V, Q, W, S or T for the appropriate state/territory. The Australian Capital Territory is included in New South Wales (N) and the Northern Territory with South Australia (S).
Next 7 characters are the file number, made up of:
War code + numeric digits, where:
- if War code is 1 alphabetic character, add 6 numeric characters (ANNNNNN)
Where there is no war code as is the case with World War 1 veterans, insert a blank and add 6 numeric characters ( NNNNNN)
- if War code is 2 alphabetic characters, add 5 numeric characters (AANNNNN)
- if War code is 3 alphabetic characters, add 4 numeric characters (AAANNNN)
The 9th character is the segment link. For dependents of Veterans, the 9th character is always an alphabetic character.
The alphabetic code is generated in the order by which the cards are issued. For example A, B, C, D etc.
CAUTIONARY NOTE: For veterans the 9th character is left blank
Here is a list of War Codes:
Other good sources of information are at http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/private-1 and http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/health-medicarebenefits-index.htm
This link is also available from both the IFC and Invoice Forms, Quick Links - My Fees, as well as Regular Tasks - Medicare Processing.
Here you can compare the Fees per Fee Schedule as well as view past fees. On pulling down fee updates, existing fees are not replaced in DCM, so you have available prior fees for past billing or future fees for generating Informed Financial Consents if future fees are available.
- Select an Entity
- Enter or select an Item Code
- Use this to edit the description of the Item Code. It is this description that will print on transactions unless this Item Code has also been setup and edited in Utilities - Entities - Locations (Active) - Location Rates - Private or Pension - Edit
- Item Code descriptions can also be edited in Utilities - Lookups - General - Items
Pressing [F11] shows the Short Cut list. Pressing [F11] again hides it.
There are other short cuts available from the various areas of DCM not referenced on this list above. They are:
The CONTROL Centre - List View
- With a Client on the list highlighted, press [Ctrl+T] to open the client record in their transaction tab.
- With a Client on the list highlighted, press [Ctrl+I] to create a new Invoice for the client.
- If the Appointment Type has mapped Item Codes, the invoice will be pre-populated.
- If an Invoice has already been generated for the day, you will be informed of this and prompted to edit it or create new.
- If Item Codes have been entered/edited in the Item Code column in List View, these codes will be used on the invoice.
- With Column Headings highlighted, press [Ctrl+G] to enable Group by Column. Press CTRL+S to save this.
- With Column Headings highlighted, press [Ctrl+F] to enable the Filters. Press CTRL+S to save this.
The Client Transaction Tab
- Hold down the [CTRL] key to select multiple invoices to receipt
- Click on one invoice and hold down the [SHIFT] key as you click on another invoice to select the invoices in a range
Grid View Short Cuts
- After setting up the grid view in forms (Hiding / Moving Columns), press [CTRL+S] to save
- Press [CTRL+D] to save this default view for ALL DCM users. Note: they may need to press [CTRL+R] to reset their existing views
- Export any grid to Excel by pressing [Alt+E]. You can still select all [Ctrl+A] and copy [Ctrl+C] and go to Excel and paste [Ctrl+V]
- Display how many lines in a grid (count) by pressing [Alt+L]
- Print contents of any grid by pressing [Ctrl+P]
DCM records any exception logs and pressing [F12] shows these logs. These logs may assist us in tracing any errors. You can right-click on a log and Email Support
- This takes you to Online Support. Of course, you need to be logged on to view this.
- Takes you to the What's New page that is updated when there is a major release of the software.