- Search Clients
- Adding Clients
- Editing Clients
- Merging Clients
- Deleting Clients
- Waiting List
Always search first before adding to ensure that a Client is not already in the DCM database.
Should you not search first, then you will waste time entering detail on a new record and on saving being informed that this Client is already in the database. Should you continue and add this same client more than once, you can use the Merge feature to merge records. How?
Client details may have been migrated from an old program or you may be starting a new database.
Either way, always search first. How?
- Press CTRL+O or Press F2 or Select Regular Tasks - Clients to open the Search Client form. Press Esc to exit the form.
- Key in the first three letters of the Client's Lastname followed by a comma and then the first three letters of the Client's firstname. This will return a quick result. Or search by Date of Birth, Veteran or Medicare Number or other demographic information in the advance search section.
- There is the other option of selecting Choose a View - Search Clients. However, this results in opening Search Client form in full screen and not ideal when just wanting to quick search and select a Client when working List or Calendar View. This is normally used if wanting to keep the search form open to work through a list of Clients.
- Select Add on the sidebar or press ALT+A
- A New Client record will appear ready for you to enter detail.
- Title defaults to Mr. and is highlighted (has focus)
- Just overtype if you want to change this and press the TAB key to go to first name field.
- It is recommended that you tab from field to field entering detail rather than clicking in each field. However, do what suits your workflow best.
- Firstname and Lastname fields are mandatory. Once entered, you can Close, and the record will be saved with that detail.
- Otherwise, keep entering detail and tabbing off Country will save automatically creating the record with the Client ID and opening up the sections underneath.
|This is a Mandatory field. Select an existing Title. Should a title not be in the list, go to Utilities - Lookups - General - Titles and add the title.
|This is a Mandatory field. Ensure you do not use characters not accepted by Medicare. More detail is at http://www.humanservices.gov.au/health-professionals/services/medicare-o...
|This is a Mandatory field.
|Is a Company
|Select if Client Is a Company resulting in just one field to enter the Company Name.
|First Name Alias
|Enter the firstname Alias if the person is known by another name. This detail is transmitted to Medicare and Health Funds
|Last Name Alias
|Enter the lastname Alias if the person is known by another name. This detail is transmitted to Medicare and Health Funds
|Date of Birth
|Enter in the format of ddmmyyyy
|Age is calculated on saving.
Status defaults to Active. Other statuses available are Archived, Deceased (selecting this prompt for Date of Death) and results in the words 'In the Estate of' printing on transactions, Visiting.
You can add other Statuses (e.g.: Wait Listed) via Utilities - Lookups - Clients - Status
|Recommend asking the Client 'What number would you prefer we call?' Add description (e.g.: Work). If a Mobile Number, confirm that you can send them an SMS.
|Alternate Phone 1
|Alternate phone 1
|Alternate Phone 2
|Alternate phone 2
|Email. Confirm that sending Email is OK
|A client may have none, one or a number of addresses.
Defaults to Postal. If the Postal address is a PO Box, then add a second address (click on the yellow plus sign) and make the Type Residential.
Select the red X to delete an address.
|Address Line 1
|Address Line 2
Defaults to the State of the Registered Address in Utilities - Business Details and therefore just lists Towns in that State to include New Zealand
Overtype with another State to be able to select Towns in that State.
|Post Code. If Post Code is not listed, go to Utilities - Lookups - General - Postcodes to add.
Defaults to Australia or New Zealand. Select another Country if an overseas address.
Tabbing off this Country field saves the Client Record and opens the sections below.
Open the Client Record to edit it. How?
- If listed in List View either double click on it or right-click and select Edit Client
- If listed in the Calendar View either right-click and select Edit Client or double click to open the Appointment form and select Edit on the Sidebar
- If making a new Appointment for an existing client, select Edit on the sidebar of the Appointment form.
- Select Regular Tasks - Clients or press CTRL+O or F2 to search for the Client. On locating the client either double click on them or click once to highlight and select Edit on the sidebar of the search form
- You can also right-click and select Open Client Record from the following:
- An Admission in Regular Tasks - Admissions
- A Communication in Regular tasks - Communications
- A Claim in Regular Tasks - Medicare Processing
- A Transaction in Regular Tasks - Transactions
There is little likelihood of entering a Client more than once if you always search first to ensure that the Client is not already in DCM. Even then on entering a Client with similar detail you are informed that these Clients already exist.
It is possible that migrating data from other applications or integrating with other applications could result in Client records being duplicated.
Client records can be merged. How?
- Select Regular Tasks - Search or press CTRL+O to open the Search Client form.
- Search for the Client
- You need to know the Client ID, so ensure this column is in view. How?
- Right-click on a heading in the grid and select Column Chooser
- Drag the Client ID column into the grid.
- Press CTRL+S to save so you do not have to do this again.
- Select both records. How?
- Press CTRL+A or Click on the second record while holding down the SHIFT or CTRL key.
- Select the Merge button on the sidebar
- Enter the Client ID of the Client you wish to keep
- Select OK
- Take care as Merged Clients cannot be Unmerged.
- Select OK
- The two clients will remain listed in the search client form until you refresh it.
- Should both records have current Health Insurance, on merging both remain ticked/current, and you will receive an error message that this is not allowed.
- Just deselect the Health Fund that is not current. How?
- In Client Insurance, highlight the fund to deselect and click on the Current check box above the grid.
- Use this feature if staff have been creating test clients. We recommend that you only use Mr. Happy Patient for testing but, at times, staff add others.
- Suggest you edit the lastname to 'Patient' in the records you want to merge into Client ID 100 being Mr. Happy Patient
Client records cannot be deleted. However, by merging them into Happy Patient removes them from view.
Once a client has been merged into another, it cannot be unmerged. So, take care.