- Add new word documents/templates.
- Import files ... take care to note file sizes as this can increase the database size dramatically and if you are using the FREE version of SQL (SQL Express), it will not take long before this will not work.
- Scan ... and again ensure your scanned files are not too large.
- Download Results
- Upload files from the Client or Provider Portal
- Maximise to full screen for better management.
- Sending Communications /Files
- Turn on Group (CTRL+G)
- Turn on Filter (CTRL+F)
Selecting Add on the sidebar will list folders and files.
These files are Word Documents/Templates that populate data via bookmarks … more on this later.
What is great about using Word are all the rich features that Word offers.
- Spell Checks
- QuickParts and AutoText
- Dragging and Dropping Images to the document
- Speech Recognition
Working with Word is another lesson on its own and there are many lessons available in the Word application by searching for ‘Show Training.’
Selecting Import on the sidebar will open ‘search files’ for you to select the file to import.
Ensure that the scanner is setup in Utilities - Configure - Printing/Scanning
- In Regular Tasks - Clients. Select Scan on the sidebar to scan files directly to Client Communications. Windows Fax and Scan (WFS) app or other third-party software will launch.
- Select New Scan and you will be prompted to select a scanner, if more than one
- Ensure your scanner settings are correct. This can be setup as defaults under Tools - Scanner settings in WFS.
- WFS scans in File Types BMP, JPG, PNG and TIF. Know that on right-clicking on one of these in Client Communications in DC, you can email as a PDF.
- If only a single page document, change Source to Feeder (Scan one side)
- Select Scan and the image will be imported to Client Communications and WFS will close.
- If opening the client record from an appointment, the Entity will populate automatically. Otherwise, it defaults to ... Please select.
- If scanning with one of the Tabs selected (e.g.: Referrals), the Communication Type will default to that Type.
- The Communication Status defaults to Scanned. Should you need, you can go to Regular Tasks - Communications/Results and view all files with the status of Scanned.
- The Document Name on scanning is meaningless (e.g.: Image (6).tif. Overtype this with something logical, e.g.: Referral from Dr A Abbott
You can also scan directly to client communications by
- Right-click menu on either List or Calendar View. On doing so, the Type will default to ... Please select.
- Right-click menu on Client Referral. Good to scan the referral letter this way as once scanned and you right-click, you will have the option to view the referral letter. This saves you having to go to Client Communications to locate it.
Results are saved to Client Communications to be viewed and actioned here, if you want. However, best to manage them in Regular Tasks – Communications/Results where you will be able to see all results for all patients.
They are also able to be viewed and managed in the Clinical Module
These documents can be sent to OneNote and that can be the Client Health Chart. Setup up a OneNote notebook for each client. We suggest you create a OneNote notebook template that you can use for each client/patient. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help on this.
Files can be uploaded from either the Provider or Client Portal. This results in ...
- File saved to Client Communications
- Entity is ... Please select.
- Communication Type is Client Uploaded
- Communication Status is To be actioned.
- Comment is Client upload from Client Portal on dd/mm/yyyy at [time]
- File can be viewed in Regular Tasks - Communications/Results
Using the right-click menu, Commnications/Files can be:
- Emailed (Outlook is required)
- Emailed as a PDF
- Emailed as a PDF with Password Protection
- Date of Birth
- Generate a password.
- As a URL via SMS
- With either the Medical Object or Argus Word Plugins
- Via Secure Message Delivery (SMD)
- Ensure all is setup correctly ... http://directcontrol.com.au/help/setup-direct-control/digital-health-int...
- The SMD menu will only appear with the following Communication Types are allocated to the document.
- Discharge Summary (in CDA format only)
- Event Summary (in CDA format only)
- Referral OUT (in CDA or PDF format)
- Shared Health Summary (in CDA format only)
- Specialist Letter (in CDA or PDF format)