This results in the generation of a receipt with no reference to Item Codes or service dates, as required by Medicare Australia and Health Funds, should they try to claim for these services prior to the date of service.
On raising the invoice (converting the IFC to an invoice) after the procedure, the prepayment is allocated to the invoice by right-clicking on the prepayment and selecting 'Allocate Prepayment'. Ensure you transmit the Claim prior to allocating the Prepayment.
Best workflow is to generate an IFC with detail of the procedure and record the prepayment from the IFC resulting in all necessary detail populating. Otherwise, go to Client Transactions and select Prepayment on the sidebar.
Prepayments can be generated by either:
- Client Record – Transactions – Click on 'Prepayment' on the sidebar or
- Client Record – Transactions – IFC – Click on 'Prepayment' from the IFC
Note: Printing or emailing results in a receipt being generated for the patient for the prepayment ONLY
Exporting to your Accounting Application
If you are exporting to an accounting application via Regular Tasks - Export, the following will occur.
- Prepayment detail is exported to the Undeposited Funds Account for Banking (Debit) and to the Prepayments Received Liability Account (Credit)
- Prepayment ID is preceded with P:
- The client name is saved in the 'Memo' field of the prepayment in your accounting application
- Reversing (Deleting) a prepayment after exporting does not export this reversal to your accounting application. You need to manage this manually in the accounting application if necessary
- If a prepayment is adjusted after export (Change Payment Method or Entity) in DCM, you need to manage this manually in the accounting application if necessary. You might choose to delete the transaction in the accounting application and re-export the prepayment with the adjustments. You can flag a transaction to export again by going to Regular Tasks - Transactions - Find Transaction, locating the transaction and right-clicking
- On allocating a prepayment to an invoice, this allocation is exported resulting in the value being debited in the Prepayments Received Liability Account and being credited in the Trade Debtors Account