A Standard Procedure consists of a description and associated Billing items and Coding items (ICD/DRG). It can also be associated to the Billing Entity (Practitioner or Theatre) and the Referrer/Surgeon.
Standard Procedures can be set up for:
- Surgeon Billing and
- Hospital Billing. When set up for Hospital Billing, the Standard Procedure can map to ICD10 and DRG thus eliminating duplication of data entry. This should only be mapped if you are sure these codes rarely change.
Standard Procedures can then be used as follows:
Select a Standard Procedure on the Appointment/Booking form to quickly populate the Appointment Comment field with detail of the booking. Right clicking on the booking in either list or calendar view and select Informed Financial Consent (or Invoice Client) will populate the IFC (or Invoice) with the relevant detail.
Select a Standard Procedure when generating an IFC or invoice to quickly populate the IFC/invoice with billing codes. If associating this invoice with an admission, the data/coding is already done for you.
Standard Procedures can be added/maintained via:
- The Appointment Form by selecting the [...] to the right or the Standard Procedure drop down field.
- On the IFC/invoice form. On entering line items on the form, click on the Add Std Proc button on the sidebar.
- Via Utilities - Lookups - Standard Procedures under the Clinical Section.
NB: Easy to add and delete Standard Procedures from the IFC or Invoice form.
Adding Standard Procedures
- Select Add on the sidebar.
- Enter the name/description in the top panel.
- Add the associated Item Codes in the bottom panel.