Should you need to move the DCM database to another server, ensure you work closely with your IT people. We can assist in this; however, it is outside our Service Licence Agreement so there will be a fee.
The following steps are involved:
- Take a backup of the database at a time when you know no further work will be done in the program. Should any data be added to the database after this time, you will need to re-enter it once DCM is set up on the new server
- Ensure the new server is setup with the .Net Framework (latest version) and SQL2016 or later (Express or Enterprise) including management tools. Please check on/monitor the size of the DirectCONTROL50 database as SQL EXPRESS will not support databases above 10GB in size
- The database will need to be restored to this new server
- The \\DirectCONTROLServerFiles folder also needs to be moved to the new Server
- This new computer/device will need to be activated in PRODA
- There is a folder on the C Drive of the old server called \Config (may be hidden) and in here are the Connection Strings required to run the Direct CONTROL application. This needs to be updated to reflect the new data source location
- The updated \Config file will need to be copied to C Drive on all workstations.
- All client workstations will need to uninstall DCM and reinstall from the new location \\DirectCONTROLServerFiles\DirectCONTROLapp\setup.exe
- Check the file locations for Direct Control are correct on all workstations. Go to Utilities - Configure - File Locations. Change the "Server File Location (Global)" setting first, highlight the file path right click and select the line below. You wll be prompted to autopopulate the remaining locations.
- Ensure we have rdp access to the new server