DCM supports BPAY payment processing and generates (CRN) Customer Reference Numbers on the remittances.
BPAY is an independent billing product which is used to receive payments from clients. BPAY must be set up by your bank.
If in a group practice, some banks manage all BPAY numbers per entity and deposit funds directly into that entity's bank account that may be with another bank. (NAB, WPC)
Other banks insist on the entity opening a bank account with them in order to process BPAY payments (CBA, ANZ)
DCM can facilitate:
- One BPAY Biller Code for the entire business/practice, or
- alternatively this can be overridden to use a BPAY Biller Code per entity.
DCM can provide invoice layouts which display the BPAY Biller Code and the DCM generated Customer Reference Number.
In order to begin using your DCM BPAY functionality you must register for BPAY with your bank. You will need to provide them with the following information about DCM. We use:
- Luhn Mod 10
- 11-digit number + the check digit (12-digit CRN)
Set Up BPAY in Direct CONTROL
- Before setting up BPAY you will need to know:
- If you are setting up BPAY per entity or for the business as a whole
- The Biller Code/s
If you are an existing user of DCM, you will need to request new invoice layouts to now include the BPAY logo on your remittances. Changes to transaction layouts may be charged at current hourly rate, where these layouts have previously been approved and now require changes.
Business Set Up
- To set up BPAY when you have one Biller Code for the whole business/practice, go to Utilities = Business Details and in the field “BillPay Biller Code: “enter your Biller Code
Utilities - Business
Entity Set Up
- To set up BPAY when you have one Biller Code for each entity go to Utilities – Entities and double click to open the entity form
- Select the required location as they can have a separate Biller Code per location
- Select the Banking tab
- In the field “BPAY Number Override” enter the entities BPAY Biller Code for the selected location
- If the entity will be billing across multiple locations, you will need to enter the Biller Code details per Entity, per Location.
Utilities - Entities
- Ensure in Utilities - Configure - File Locations you have mapped the Location of the BPAY folder
- We suggest you put a shortcut to this folder on your desktop. How?
- Right-click on the folder and select Create Shortcut
- Using BPAY from the DCM end is as simple as creating an invoice.
- When an invoice is created, DCM generates a (CRN) Customer Reference Number
- The CRN number has three components (colour coded)
- If you have a CRN to 10 digits, it will include the Invoice Number and Check Digit
- If you have a CRN to 12 digits, it will include Invoice Number and Check Digit
Note: The BPAY bookmark for the IFC template is [INVOICE_BPAY]
- Download your BPAY files from the bank and save them to the \\DirectCONTROLServerFiles\BPAY\XXX (XXX is your bank abbreviation).
- Then in DCM go to Regular Tasks - Transactions - Receipt BPAY
This results in the following:
- Printing all receipts immediately after creation. These open as a PDF ready for printing or if you turn on Quick Print (Utilities - Configure - Quick Print), they will print directly to the default printer
- BPAY receipting automatically applies the receipted amount to an OOP item first if it exists on the invoice
- Prepayment creation is supported when receipting BPAY where the payment is based on an IFC