What is a Certificate?
A certificate or digital certificate is a unique, digitally-signed document which authoritatively identifies an individual or organisation. Using public key cryptography, its authenticity can be verified to ensure that the software or website you are using is legitimate.
Direct CONTROL references several certificates to include:
- National Authentication Service for Health (NASH)
- 3M Grouper Certificate that is per Organisation. This requires
- DC generating the Certificate and making it available
- Saving this Certificate to a file
- Fiji Revenue and Customs Service
- Own version
What is a Certificate Store?
DC manages the installation of the above Certificates in...
Utilities - Certificates
Get the Certificate
Request and Download a National Authentication Service for Health (NASH) | Australian Digital Health Agency SHA-2 Certificate
NASH Certificate is used to securely access and share health information, such as
- My Health Record | Australian Digital Health Agency
- Healthcare Identifiers (HI) Service for health professionals - Services Australia
- Secure messaging | Australian Digital Health Agency
1. Log into your PRODA Account - PRODA (Provider Digital Access) - Services Australia
2. Select Go to service on the Health Professionals Online Services (HPOS) tile.
3. Select My Programs.
4. Select Healthcare Identifiers and My Health Record System.
5. Select Healthcare Identifiers - Manage Existing Records.
6. Select My organisation details from the list.
7. In the Organisation snapshot, select the Certificates tab.
8. Select Request a NASH PKI site certificate.
9. Complete the required information from the Request Form.
10. You will be notified when the certificate is ready to download via a text message to the mobile phone provided in the request form containing the PIC. You may use this PIC code to download the certificate, by clicking on the blue hyperlink under the Action column.
Adding a Certificate
- Select Add on the Sidebar to create a new row
- a name for the Certificate
- browse to the Network Location Path to locate the certificate
- select the Certificate Type
Delete a Certificate
1. To delete a certificate, select a certificate from the list.
2. Click on the Delete button on the sidebar.
3. Click Yes to the prompt.
4. You will see a prompt if a certificate has been successfully deleted.
Installing a Certificate
For 3M certificates:
1. Click the Add button on the sidebar
2. Enter the certificate name, e.g., 3M.
3. Enter the Certificate location by clicking on the ellipsis button in the Network Location Path.
4. Select 3M as the Certificate Type by clicking on the drop down menu.
5. Enter the password. If the correct password is entered, it will generate a Serial Number.
6. Ensure that the Store Location and Store Name are correct.
7. Click the Save button to save.
Remove a Certificate
This will attempt to uninstall the selected certificate from the Windows Certificate Manager. This will only work if the Store Location and Store Name has the certificate currently installed.
1. To remove a certificate, select a certificate from the list and click the Remove button from the sidebar.
2. You will see a prompt if a certificate has been successfully uninstalled.
Renew a Certificate
1. Select a certificate from the list.
2. Click on the Edit button on the sidebar.
3. Change the Network Location Path of the selected certificate to the location of the new certificate.
4. Enter the password. If the correct password is entered, it will generate a Serial Number.
5. Ensure that the Store Location and Store Name are correct.
6. Click the Save button to save.
You can view the expiry date of each certificate in the Expiry Date column in the grid. Or you can also select a certificate from the list, and you can view the Expiry Date from the control.