- Go to Utilities - Lookups - Clients - Status and Wait Listed
- Go to Calendar View - Manage Appointment Status - Add Wait Listed and select your colour (the list view will change to this colour when the patient is on the Waiting List)
- You will need to restart DCM to be able to view and select this Status
Client/Patient has an appointment in the future and wants to come in earlier if a cancellation
- Make an actual appointment for the Client at a date in the future
- Change the Client Status from Active to Wait Listed
- On an Appointment Slot becoming available, note the day and time and then search for Clients with Client Status Wait Listed. How?
- Go to List by Date Range View and put in the date range to search the database
- Use the filter columns and focus on using Appointment Status Column, Created Date (for the person on the list first/next in line for an appt) and Entity Column (for the doctor you need to book with)
- Ensure you have the Filter on (CTRL+F) and save (CTRL+S) so it will stay in view and use Column Chooser to add column not already in view
- Key in Wait in the Client Status Filter to list all those Wait Listed
- Put Created Date column in order from oldest to newest booked to get the order
- Contact the Client to see if they are able to take this earlier appointment
- If so, in right click on the patient - edit appointment - change Status to Confirmed and enter the correct appointment Date and Time - Save
Client/Patient does not have an appointment and is wait listed
- Create an Entity called Wait List
- Go to Utilities - Entities and Add the Entity selecting Is a Company and Is a Non-Billing Entity
- Make your bookings in this Wait List Entity on any date that is convenient for you or the clinic date that the patient is on the list for - ensure you have the Entity selected as Wait List
- Search for clients/patients on the Wait List, by selecting Reports - Appointment - Entity Wait List - Date Range into the past and future - Generate Report
- Print report or save electronically
- Contact the Client to see if they are able to take this booking
- If so, in Client file - Appointments tab, highlight appointment and right click edit appointment and change the entity to the Doctor or Theatre and appointment day and time to the earlier appointment time
NB: Remember that you can have multiple windows open in DCM to help with this workflow. Using the Choose a View - List by Date Range can also be used to filter for patients on the Wait List and their Priority.
Use the Client Status or Client Group or Client Category
Should you not make an appointment, you could use the Client Status or Client Group or Client Category. In the Search Client Form, these fields/columns are available to filter on. If you cannot see these columns, right-click on a heading and select Column Chooser to drag them in to the form. Press CTRL+S to save to keep them there.
Should the Columns not be showing, press CTRL+R to reset the columns.