The DCM application can be accessed remotely in a number of ways to include web browser access.
Remote Desktop Connection/Protocol (RDP) from a PC to a server
- If not obvious, you will find this under Start - Accessories - Remote Desktop Connection
- Save to your taskbar for easy access. To do this right click and select Pin to Taskbar if in Windows 7 or later, or hold down the right mouse button and drag it to the taskbar
- You will need the IP address to the Server or your IT people may give you something like mail.servername.com.au (It could have :xxxx at the end as well)
- You also need your username and password
- Ensure in Show Options - Display you have full screen selected and also under Local Resources select to Printers and Clipboard. Select More ... to share drives.
Remote Desktop Connection/Protocol (RDP) from a MAC
- Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) from a MAC to a Server ... https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-desktop-se...
- Folder redirection enables access to local folders during the remote session. Click the + button at the bottom of the dialog box and choose a folder you want to have redirected.
Configure Folder Redirection
- Click the + button.
- In the Add Local Folder window, enter the following information:
- Name: Set a name for the folder to be available during the remote session.
- Path: Select the path to the folder to be available during the remote session.
Concurrent remote Desktop Protocol
- Concurrent Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) to Windows 10 or later ... http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/guides-tutorials/windows-guides/1879-enable-concurrent-sessions-windows-7-windows-vista-windows-xp-termsrv-dll.html
- iTap RDP if accessing from an iPad or iPhone. Download this from the App store and setup with IP address, username and password
Virtual Private Network (VPN)
If you have installed the DCM Outlook Addin, you can make client appointments directly in Outlook or in DCM calendar view that automatically synchronises with Outlook.
You can then synchronise your Outlook Calendar with your mobile phone.
To do this, check the manual that came with your smart phone
There are a number of ways to log on remotely using various devices.
Instructions may be found at www.teamviewer.com
Talk to your IT people